To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
While Cipta did not mention the candidate by name, many believed he was referring to Rahayu since she was the only female candidate running for the South Tangerang deputy mayor’s seat. Cipta also wrote the tweet several hours after she posted photos of herself running in a pair of jogging shorts to her social media accountsCipta’s tweet has been deleted.Rahayu wrote on her Facebook account on Monday that she was “upset because there’s a politician who objectifies women, including those running in a regional election.”“I’m also considering to [report this incident to law enforcers],” Rahayu wrote in the statement. Gerindra Party lawmaker Rahayu Saraswati Djojohadikusumo is considering to file a police report against two other politicians for alleged sexual harassment on Twitter.Democratic Party politician Cipta Panca Laksana tweeted on his personal Twitter account @Panca66: “The thighs of a South Tangerang deputy mayor candidate are so smooth.” It was later retweeted by former State-Owned Enterprises Ministry secretary Muhammad Said Didu. Read also: Virtual harassment rampant during work-from-home, survey findsShe added that she believed the incident was only the tip of the iceberg of sexual harassment against women, as the sexual objectification of women had become a norm within society.Rahayu said she was triggered by several comments from social media users suggesting the incident had occurred due to the photo of her wearing jogging shorts.“If you have an opinion on what clothes someone should wear, it’s your right and I won’t judge you on that. But I believe that everyone has the right to wear whatever clothes they desire without having to experience harassment or discrimination,” said Rahayu.Rahayu will run as a candidate for South Tangerang deputy mayor in the upcoming regional election. She is running in the election with Muhamad and they are backed by Gerindra and the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P).Topics :
The UK’s National Employment Savings Trust (NEST) has hired Amundi to oversee its push into emerging market (EM) debt, but it would not be drawn on when it will begin allocating towards an asset class that has recently seen significant volatility.Mark Fawcett, CIO at the £690m (€936m) defined contribution fund, said it had not yet begun investing, noting the decision would be reached down the line by its investment committee.He explained that the decision on when to invest would be based on how NEST perceived the opportunity compared with its other asset classes, which include EM equity and property.“I would expect the emerging market debt weighting to be in a range of 0-10% – our modelling was suggesting that would be a typical range – and we will slowly build up to a level somewhere in the middle of that.” Fawcett emphasised he did not mean the fund would immediately head for a 5% allocation but that it was instead a rough estimate.The actively managed Amundi mandate, tendered in September last year, will allocate to corporate and government debt across around 25 local and hard currencies without hedging the fund’s currency exposure.The mandate comes as part of NEST’s push into single-asset mandates. “We wanted a manager that could take advantage of the opportunities where they lay,” Fawcett said, explaining the decision to opt for an actively managed mandate.“I don’t view it as our job, certainly at our current size in the state of evolution, to make the call on hard currency versus local, versus corporates.”Amundi was positive that the current low oil price would not see the number of sovereign defaults markedly increase, although its global EM strategist Abbas Ameli-Renani said the company was “extremely concerned” about a potential default by Venezuela as soon as this year.“That’s very much the exception, as far as sovereigns are concerned,” he said, noting the importance in the resurgence of flexible exchange rates“We are seeing more and more currencies in EM allowing floating exchange rates – countries such as Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan – which were previously fixed exchange rates to the dollar.”Ameli-Renani said exchange rates acted as an “adjustment valve” for oil-rich nations, and that, as a result, many had been able to avoid declines in fiscal balances.Fawcett said that his initial estimates for an exposure of up to 10% to EM debt referred to the growth phase of NEST’s default fund.But he said the foundation phase – roughly the first five years of a member’s working life – would see some exposure to the asset class.He contrasted the approach with the absence of emerging market equities from the foundation phase, arguing that the region’s stocks were too volatile.The fund’s foundation phase targets a long-term volatility of 7%, compared with up to 12% for the growth phase, and is only expected to keep pace with inflation.
Reuters 7 Feb 2013A Florida judge has approved the adoption of a 22-month-old baby girl that will list three people as parents on her birth certificate — a married lesbian couple and a gay man.The decision ends a two-year paternity fight between the couple and a friend of the women who donated his sperm to father the child but later sought a larger role in the girl’s life.The ruling means the child’s birth certificate will include a biological father and both women as parents in an unusual arrangement approved recently by a Miami-Dade Circuit Court judge.The women, Maria Italiano, 43, and Cher Filippazzo, 38, had made several unsuccessful attempts to become parents using fertility clinics.They then turned to Italiano’s hair dresser, Massimiliano Gerina, and asked if he would provide his sperm for artificial insemination.“When push came to shove, they figured he would understand the situation,” said Kenneth Kaplan, an attorney for the women.“The mistake they made, however, was there should have been a written document spelling out what his rights and responsibilities were going to be.”According to Filippazzo, the three reached a verbal agreement before Italiano became pregnant. Filipazzo said the agreement meant she would adopt the baby and the two women, a longtime couple, would raise the child together.But shortly before the baby was born, Gerina decided he wanted to be considered a parent and not a sperm donor. The women disagreed. Under Florida law, sperm donors have no legal rights to children.Gerina hired a lawyer, setting off nearly two years of legal wrangling.http://ca.news.yahoo.com/florida-judge-approves-birth-certificate-listing-three-parents-233555185.html
St. Louis hosted a 4 team tournament today with Milan, St. Michael’s-Brookville and St. Lawrence-Lawrenceburg.SLS 6th Grade played very well.Game 1 vs. St. St, Michael’s – Won 40-15Championship Game vs Milan – Won 26-18Points: Points:Hank Ritter – 18 pts Conner Miles – 12 ptsConner Miles – 10 pts Hank Ritter – 8 ptsEvan Flaspohler – 6 pts Carson Meyer – 4 ptsThomas Lohmueller – 4 pts Thomas Lohmueller -2 ptsEli Weiler – 2 ptsStats: Stats:Rebounds: Rebounds:Thomas Lohmueller – 7 Thomas Lohmueller – 6Carson Meyer – 7 Carson Meyer – 7Hank Ritter – 3 Conner Miles – 4Preston Conway – 2Assists: Hank Ritter – 2Conner Miles – 5Assists:Steals: Conner Miles – 2Miles Conner – 5Thomas Lohmueller – 3 Steals:Hank Ritter – 6Thomas Lohmueller – 4Carson Meyer – 3Conner Miles – 3The 5th Grade SLS Boys Basketball team participated in the St. Louis Basketball tournament held on Saturday, December 2nd. The Cardinals finished in 3rd place after losing to St. Michael’s (25-10) in their opening game and then beating St. Lawrence (17-12) in the consolation game.For the St. Michael’s game the Cardinals were led in scoring by Ben Miller with 6 points while Christian Mack scored 2 points and Adam Meer pitched in 2 points as well. Against St. Lawrence the Cardinals were led in scoring by Ben Miller with 9 points. Sully Hill contributed 4 points, Henry Wanstrath 2 points, and Max Amberger with a 1st half buzzer beater for 2 points to round out the scoring. Sam Laloge led the Cardinals in both rebounds and steals with 6 a piece. Santiago Schutte, Marc Meneses , and Zavier Tekulve provided the Cardinals with valuable minutes in both games as well.The Cardinals have 2 games remaining on their schedule with the next game on Thursday, December 7th against St. Michael’s.Courtesy of Cardinals Coach Ryan Tekulve.
Loading… Promoted ContentThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All Time11 Strange Facts About Your Favorite TV Shows7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The World7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better10 Of The Best Places Around The World To Go Stargazing11 Items You’ve Been Using Wrong Your Whole LifeWhat Is A Black Hole In Simple Terms?Best & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeThe Best Cars Of All TimeWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Which Country Is The Most Romantic In The World? Chelsea have been linked with a move for the Slovenian goalkeeper, who has established himself as one of the world’s elite goalkeepers in recent years. The reports have claimed that out-of-favour Blues shot-stopper Kepa Arrizabalaga could be offered as part of Chelsea’s offer for Oblak, but this latest stance from Atleti appears to indicate they will not contemplate any such offer. Read Also: Man City plotting to sign Messi without breaking FFP rulesRecent Chelsea transfer news has been centred on the Spanish goalkeeper’s future with Valencia linked with a move.Atleti are highly unlikely to sanction a sale for Oblak, who is regarded among the world’s best goalkeepers and is vital for Diego Simeone’s side.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Atletico Madrid are confident that their goalkeeper Jan Oblak will stay at the club this summer but there is a “calm tension” regarding his future, report Marca. Oblak has a long-term deal in the Spanish capital through to 2023 with a whopping £120m release clause, which club president Enrique Cerezo appeared to confirm last month that the club would not negotiate upon.Advertisement
The Oldenburg Academy Lady Twisters posted a 5-0 shutout against The Connersville Lady Spartan in Girls Varsity Tennis.Season record: 8-0Next match: Monday, 4/15 v Trinity Lutheran (home)Courtesy of Twisters Coach Mark Wilder.
WEST Indies captain Jason Holder is expecting a much better showing against Pakistan when the teams face off in three One-Day International (ODI) matches beginning today.The Windies have had a disappointing start to their tour of Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) so far, as they were whitewashed in their three-match T20 series. With more time to adjust to the conditions in the ODI format, Holder expects the visitors to provide much stiffer competition.“They (Pakistan) did well in the T20 series but, having said that, there is more time with this format. Batsmen have more time to give themselves a chance to set themselves,” Holder said at a pre-match press briefing at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium yesterday.“It is important for our top four batsmen to bat as deep as possible and lay the foundation for the middle and lower order guys to come and be powerful. As I said, you have more time to assess the conditions and play yourself in and get a score and lay a foundation. If we can do that more often, we can get a very good total,” he added.The series could be of importance to both teams with 9th-ranked Pakistan potentially being able to leapfrog the 8th-ranked West Indies in the rankings with another 3-0 win.The game bowls off at 3 pm (7 am Eastern Caribbean time).SQUADS:PAKISTAN – Azhar Ali (captain), Sharjeel Khan, Babar Azam, Asad Shafiq, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed (wk), Umar Akmal, Mohammad Rizwan, Mohammad Nawaz, Imad Wasim, Yasir Shah, Rahat Ali, Mohammad Amir, Wahab Riaz, Hasan Ali, Sohail Khan.WEST INDIES – Jason Holder (captain), Sulieman Benn, Carlos Brathwaite, Kraigg Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, Jonathan Carter, Johnson Charles, Shannon Gabriel, Alzarri Joseph, Evin Lewis, Sunil Narine, Ashley Nurse, Kieron Pollard, Denesh Ramdin, Marlon Samuels.
The 2019 edition of the Access Bank Lagos City Marathon is likely to break the previous records of participants in the IAAF Bronze Label race.Just a week after registration opened, about 20,000 potential runners have collected forms at the Teslim Balogun Marathon Office.The other outlets like The RevolutionPlus Offices in Ikeja and Lekki and Access Bank branches across the country have also witnessed an influx of intending runners according to a statement signed by Olukayode Thomas, Director Communications and Media. The Access Bank Lagos City Marathon recorded over 50,000 runners in the first edition in 2016, over 73,000 runners in the second edition in 2017 and over a hundred thousand runners in 2018.The organisers are expecting between a 120,000 to 150,000 for the 2019 edition slated for February 2nd 2019.Race Organizer Bukola Olopade said he’s excited that the culture of marathon and road races is gradually becoming a way of life, not just among Lagosians but generally every part of Nigeria.“Entries for Access Bank Lagos City Marathon outside the South West are normally from Jos, Plateau state, but in the last seven days, we have potential runners from most part of South East like Enugu, Aba, Owerri and Onitsha and part of South-South like Calabar, Uyo, Port-Harcourt and Warri, and other parts of the country. Apart from the enormous health benefits that come from running, this is also good for internal tourism”.Olapade also revealed that the organizers are working round the clock to make the 2019 Race bigger and better.“For this edition, we are going to acquire more Transponders mats, chips and monitors. Each runner will also get a participant guide; there will be a one month campaign on route education and road closures”.Olapade urged Lagosians to emulate citizens of other iconic cities with world-class marathons like Lagos who line marathon routes in their cities and cheer runners like it is done in London, Dubai, New York, Paris, and others.RESULTSWest Ham 0-0 ChelseaArsenal 2-0 EvertonBarcelona 2-2 GironaMilan 2-2 AtalantaFrosinone 0-2 JuventusShare this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on November 6, 2017 at 9:14 pm Contact Matthew: firstname.lastname@example.org | @MatthewGut21 In the second of two exhibitions before its season opener, Syracuse erased an early double-digit deficit to handle Southern Connecticut State, a Division II program, 84-59, Monday night inside the Carrier Dome. Tyus Battle led all scorers for the second consecutive game with 20 points. Freshman forward Bourama Sidibe built off his strong showing last week, adding 10 rebounds, eight points and four blocks four days ahead of SU’s season opener Friday against Cornell at 7 p.m.Here are three reactions to Monday’s game against SCSU.Two straight slow startsAt first, Syracuse was lethargic, then it became sloppy, and then Syracuse showed little signs of life. The Orange’s first few possessions signaled a lousy first half against a Division II opponent. Battle traveled on his first touch. Oshae Brissett didn’t hit rim on his first shot attempt. The ball slipped out of Frank Howard’s hands on his first drive. All the while, SU head coach Jim Boeheim was left repeatedly walking down the sideline and calling in a new player.Through six possessions, SU had missed four shots and turned over the ball three times. Its offense involved little off-ball movement, few aggressive dribble drives with any sort of purpose and a whole lot of standing around. The Orange allowed 11 first-half offensive rebounds against a considerably more diminutive lineup.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textWhen Syracuse went down early last week in an eventual 30-point exhibition win over Southern New Hampshire, SU swapped to a full-court press. Then it quickly became clear who the better team was, as the Orange ripped off a 22-0 run against the Penmen. Not Monday. Syracuse closed out the half on a 9-0 run, but it could not fully erase an 11-turnover and 3-for-18 shooting performance through 13 minutes. SU entered the break down 29-24.The kickstartSyracuse came out of the break seemingly a different team. From the very first possession of the second half, the re-energized Orange demonstrated a new look. Amid a two-man game between Brissett and Howard, Brissett cut inward, separated himself from his defender and popped back out. Howard tossed a pass over to the right wing and Brissett hit the 3-pointer, igniting the Orange on a 14-3 run through the first two-and-a-half minutes of the half. The output built on the 9-0 run to end the first frame, combining for a 23-3 SU advantage. Syracuse maintained relative control the rest of the way.Big threeBattle, Howard and Brissett combined for 55 points (66 percent of SU’s total), orchestrating much of the SU offense via drives and dump offs. Until the 10:30 mark in the second half, they were the only players with more than two points for SU. It is both an encouraging and concerning sign, for the trio lifted SU out of the first-half slump but got little offensive help from anybody else four days before the season opener. Comments