The Belfast star takes on Leo Santa Cruz in an immediate rematch, live on Sky Sports, at the end of January, with his WBA ‘Super’ featherweight title on the line.The points win over the Mexican last July was his first fight at 126lbs on the back of his super-bantamweight unification success over Scott Quigg at the start of 2016.Frampton has flown out to Las Vegas a month out but already has one eye on making boxing history and put Irish boxing back on the map.”I want to be a three-weight world champion,” he told Sky Sports. “That is the goal. It wasn’t necessarily at the start of my career, when you reach targets you set new goals and Steve Collins is the only other Irishman to hold world titles in different divisions, so I want to stand alone.”Collins, from Dublin, won world titles at middleweight and super-middleweight and is best known for being the first man to beat Chris Eubank Sr in their back-to-back battles in the 1990s. Frampton has been linked with a featherweight unification fight with Lee Selby and and is convinced he will make it two wins out of two against Santa Cruz at the MGM Grand, Las Vegas, on January 28.”I’ve been working hard and sparring well and although I am 30, I feel I am getting better and if I take what I’ve been doing into the gym so far in with me, I am going to win the fight convincingly,” he said.”We’ll pretty much be in Las Vegas for a month. When I was over last time, when I fought him in New York, we went over a month early and we don’t fix what’s not broken.”We are going to to it again; get used to the time difference, just get used to the surroundings and just soak it all up, enjoy myself when I’m out there for the big fight.”Watch Carl Frampton v Leo Santa Cruz live on Sky Sports, in the early hours of Sunday, January 29.
The first stone was launched by Barcelona, with a video in which he remembered the Barca past of the new parakeet technician, Abelardo Fernández, with 257 matches and 17 goals in the culé squad.Just an hour later, Espanyol counterattacked doing exactly the same with the curriculum as a parakeet of an Ernesto Valverde that as a player he played 87 official matches with the blue and white shirt, and 17 goals, and that he led the team as coach 99 times, even reaching a UEFA Cup final. From the streets, the offices and even the schools, where the week before the derbies was once fiercely lived, social networks have been passed in modern times. It has been there, specifically on Twitter, where Barcelona and Espanyol have lit on Thursday the match wick that will face them this Saturday, at 9:00 p.m., in Cornellà-El Prat.
Mirandés players have activated Cup mode in their heads to face the round of 16 round against Celta de Vigo. Motivation will not fail to be measured at a club of the highest category that in the League occupies relegation places despite its draw in San Mamés. “Playing against a club where Iago Aspas, Denis Suárez or Rafinha are is an extra motivation. We want to show that we are up to beat them. further It is a competition that I like very much in Miranda. They are matches where you have little to lose and a lot to win, ” admits Captain Gorka Kijera.A small influx of reddish fans is expected in the stands of Anduva due to the price of tickets. Subscribers must pay 20 euros to witness the duel. A measure that does not come to assess the Gipuzkoan side: “The costumes know that when Anduva is full it always benefits us. It is an important factor in our favor, but they are club decisions. We are outside of it so that it does not deconcentrate us for the game. “ The rojillos will arrive rested to the meeting after the postponement of the league match against Zaragoza. Circumstance that, it is recognized, has come well to recover in the last hours both players touched and sick. Most of the casualties the team had last Saturday were on the defensive plot. Even Kijera was going to face the game as central: “On a physical level it can come because we had a week of three games. If you pass in the Cup, you have to play again during the week. It is true that there were three regular players in the defensive zone who were going to be low. For me it was to play one more game, but we must watch the collective. It is better for everyone to play in their position. “Despite the suspension of the match, Mirandés has only dropped one place in the standings. Excel in 9 points to the relegation zone and is only one victory from the play off that marks the Numancia. “You have to keep winning until you get that figure of 50 that we all have in mind. Then we will think about more, although we see that in the table we have many points. We know that in the second round the people below press and instead tell Depor that he has won four straight games, “admits the Basque player. LaBiga SmartBank* Data updated as of January 20, 2020
Expires this Thursday on permission granted by Espanyol to a Pablo Piatti who was looking for a destination far from Barcelona. Specifically, in the last two days Everything indicated that he was in Canada, to pass medical review and be announced as a new player of Toronto FC, of Major League Soccer (MLS), every time he had to terminate his contract with the parakeet club, five months after it ended. Interestingly, all this will happen with probability in Canada, a country where Espanyol was just three weeks ago. Specifically, based on a rumor that placed the parakeet club as a buyer of the Ottawa Fury, a football team that had ceased its activities after withdrawing the Concacaf permits, to refound it.Various North American media they pointed to Espanyol, and even cited Rastar Group, as the LaLiga club that was behind this acquisition, and which eventually turned out to be Atlético de Madrid. In fact, the resulting entity is called Atlético Ottawa and will start competing in April, but not in the MLS but in the Canada Premier League (CPL), so in no case would it be measured with Piatti. If this operation is confirmed, obviously the Espanyol will not be pocketed any amount as a transfer but will lighten the salary mass even more, which was already relieved last week with Esteban Granero, given that Piatti also came as one of the highest pieces of the template. A salary that could be faced by a Toronto FC that has three places for franchise players, and which has one left after taking over the services of Jozy Altidore (former Villarreal and Xerez) and the Spaniard Alejandro Pozuelo (Betis canterano who also passed through Rayo Vallecano).
The BarçaIn addition, you are required to wait for the intervention and its official result to confirm that absence of Dembélé will reach five months. This will ensure the signing of a LaLiga striker who, at this time, is still an unknown. Discarded by the Angel club, and with the doubt of what bureaucratic efforts the club can do, the signing also presents a debate. Ousmane I trembled traveled yesterday to Finland. This morning goes through the prestigious hands of Doctor Lasse Lampainen, which will intervene in a complete break of the proximal tendon of the right leg. A shocking case, since Dembélé was operated now three years ago from the same injury in the other limb, the left, after that senseless heel in Getafe that was reproached by Valverde himself. his medical picture, however much Barca becomes the optimist, it is absolutely worrying. A stream of criticism believes that should not afford a signing-patch. Not only because of the experience with Boateng and the damage it generated in terms of image. Also for the true utility it can have in the game of Barça. Another sector considers incorporation essential after casualties of Suárez and Dembélé. Be of the level that is. Lucas Pérez, Loren, Willlian José wait and send the secrecy
The break came after sixteen changes of leadership and eight draws and with advantages that did not exceed six points, which left the game in a fist after twenty intense minutes of good basketball (50-47, min 20).a small stretch of Madrid put him seven up for the first time three minutes after the restart, although it was a mirage because, with a couple of flashes, the players of Álex Mumbrú went back to shooting.The Argentine connection Campazzo-Deck monopolized the leading role in attack and, little by little, was consolidating a comfortable mattress that tasted like glory after more than twenty minutes of siege from Bilbao (64-55, min 25).Boutelle was unable to detach himself from Deck’s shadow and did not have his best afternoon and his teammates began to fail forces as the minutes passed. To make matters worse, Campazzo and Deck were still doing theirs and, after a 13-0 run, the game began to take on Madrid.The last ten minutes came with a rent of ten punctual favor of the men of Pablo Laso (73-63). When seen against the ropes, the RETAbet put one more march to his game and was cutting back to five again, which re-ignited the Martin Carpena.Sergio Llull extinguished the euphoria with a triple challenger from the corner, which was followed shortly after another front with additional shot included that he celebrated as in the great moments. The Balearic returned by its fueros and a third success of his from the perimeter ended up breaking the Bilbao resistance.The Basque team kept trying and was able to get to five again one minute from the end, but a failure under Rafa Martínez’s basket ended the forces of a group that fought until the end and ended up succumbing to the renewed strength of a reborn Llull.– Data sheet:93 – Real Madrid (23 + 27 + 23 + 20): Campazzo (13), Carroll (7), Deck (16), Randolph (9) and Tavares (12) – titular quintet – Causeur (10), Fernández (3), Llull (19), Mickey (2) and Taylor ( two).83 – RETAbet Bilbao Basket (21 + 26 + 16 + 20): Martínez (7), Rouselle (16), Bouteille (13), Sulejmanovic (8) and Balvin (12) – initial five – Rodriguez (7), Schreiner (-), Rigo (-), Cruz (-), Lammers ( 7) Tyler Haws (-) and Kulboka (13)Referees: Carlos Peruga, Fernando Calatrava and Juan de Dios Oyón. Without eliminated.Incidents: Second match of the quarterfinals of the Copa del Rey played at Martín Carpena in Malaga before 10,070 spectators. The base, with 19 points, is crucial in the last quarter of the game Sergio Llull regained his best version at the premiere of Real Madrid at the Copa del Rey in Malaga and, with his success in the last quarter, shattered the illusions of a RETAbet Bilbao Basket that fought big and left a great image on his return to the competition (93-83).After three equalized quarters, the Balearic base returned in a big way, with twelve points in the last act, including three triples that arrived when his team needed it most and that ended many minutes of Numantine resistance from the players trained by Alex Mumbrú.From the initial jump, two battles monopolized all the prominence. Edy Tavares and Ondrej Balvin fought for each ball in the paint while Anthony Randolph and Jonathan Rouselle were challenged in a scoring duel that maintained equality.The Cape Verdean giant ended up imposing its wingspan and, with twelve points and fourteen rebounds, contributed decisively to the final triumph, although Balvin was not far behind and also ended up with double figures (12 + 12).There was neither a clear dominator in the game nor on the scoreboard. Each basket was answered immediately and a final slap of Tavares to a launch of Llull decayed the balance in favor of Pablo Laso’s after about ten first minutes of alternatives and intrigue (23-21).While the Argentine Gabriel Deck dried Axel Rouselle and contributed points, Llull and Fabien Causeur began to produce, but in front they had a group that fought each action and remained very alive in the tie. Photo: EFE
Gareth Bale, who has had gastroenteritis this week, but was already fully recovered, is again out of the list. Like Rodrygo, which has lowered its role after being an important footballer in previous months. Nacho, given the physical well-being of the whole defense, is another of Zidane’s discards. Zinedine Zidane has announced the Real Madrid call for the match against Levante (Saturday, 9:00 PM in the Ciutat de Valencia). The coach, as always, has called 19 men and will have to make a discard in the previous one. This, except for last minute physical problems, will be the goalkeeper Altube. Mariano is injured and Brahim does not enter by technical decision. Luka JovicLike Bale, he has been in cotton all week for gastroenteritis, for which Zidane has decided not to travel to the Ciutat de Valencia. Call of Real Madrid for the match against Levante:Goalkeepers: Courtois, Areola and Altube.Defenses: Carvajal, Militão, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo and Mendy.Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde, James and Isco.Strikers: Hazard, Benzema, Lucas Vázquez and Vinicius Jr.Duel against LevanteLevante-Real MadridThe Santander League 25th day.Stadium: City of ValenciaDay: Saturday, February 22Time: 9:00 pmTV: Movistar LaLigaReferee: Hernández Hernández (Las Palmas committee).VAR Referee: Cuadra Fernández (Balearic Committee).
67 of the 76 athletes have their family residence in Spain. However, nine of them live outside the country. Three of them in America (1 in Chile, 1 in Mexico and 1 in Uruguay), one in Africa – specifically in Senegal – and the remaining four are divided between Serbia, Ukraine, England, Switzerland and Macedonia.With foreign residents the club has had to extreme the management capacity of its logistics department due to air restrictions in some of those countries with respect to flights arriving from Spain.The most complicated case was that of the Serbian Aleksandar Cènic, 17-year-old handball player who was the last to leave the facility due to the blockade established by the Balkan country on flights from Spain. A combination had to be found for him to return to his country and he is already with his family.The rest of the foreign residents arrived without problems at their places of origin. and now they only wait to see when they can return to the residence. Of course, with homework done. In addition to being a sports center, the Oriol Tort Training Center, La Masia del Barça, It is also one more school that, like all of Spain, remains closed. However, the residence where the young athletes who dream one day of succeeding at the Blaugrana club stay offers some of its own characteristics that make it different.The center closed its doors on March 12, sending home the 76 soccer, basketball, handball, roller hockey and futsal athletes who live in the building.All of them, who are of school age, have been assigned a plan to continue your distance training. Taking into account their age, they have also made a physical planor to exercise at home. Only those over 12 took home physical duties in addition to the tasks of the classes that must follow.
Martín assumed the club’s presidency after Florentino Pérez’s resignation in February 2006. In those two months, the team did not lose a league game, but was eliminated from the Champions League by Arsenal. On April 26, the board of directors decided to call elections for the club’s presidency against his opinion, which led to his resignation. During the process he was temporarily replaced by Luis Gómez Montejano. At first he suggested that he would run for those elections, but ultimately he did not. The chosen one would be Ramón Calderón. Fernando Martín Álvarez, who was interim president of Real Madrid between February 2006 and April of the same year and owner of the company Martinsa, He has left the ICU of the Puerta de Hierro Hospital in Madrid, where he was admitted in a serious condition suffering from coronavirus. At the moment, he has been transferred to the area of intermediate care.Fernando Martín, 72, who was not afflicted with any previous serious illness, fHe was hospitalized last Monday for coronavirus, the same disease that two days earlier caused the death of Lorenzo Sanz, another former president of Real Madrid.