Miguel Torruco Marqués, minister of tourism for Mexico, and the governor of the state of Yucatán, Mauricio Vila Dosal, have boldly confirmed Tianguis Turístico will take place in person next year.With other events – including industry leader ITB Berlin – going virtual once again in 2021, Mexican authorities are confident they have measures in place to allow a physical show.- Advertisement – “We are confident that this change will benefit the Mexican tourism industry, as it will allow to have the necessary conditions to host a successful face-to-face Tianguis Turístico México in Mérida,” declared Torruco Marqués. NewerWorld Travel Awards honours Maldives with top Indian Ocean prizes Preserving the health of attendees, both national and foreign, as well as the local population, is the priority.The new dates were selected after analysing the calendar of international trade events, which will allow greater attendance based on this agenda, since the main tourist fairs and trade events in the world of the first half of 2021, have been postponed.These include FITUR, in Madrid, which will now be held in May.- Advertisement – OlderNew ONS figures reveal collapse of UK tourism sector The event will take place in Merida from September 26th-29th. However, this is later than the initially planned dates of March 21st-24th.Organisers argued, given the prevailing uncertainty, postponing this event will allow mobility to normalise and will help participants to be in optimal conditions to conduct business in a face-to-face format. – Advertisement – – Advertisement –
Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error One of the few undisputed facts in this case is that Donald Sterling revoked the Sterling Family Trust on June 9. The argument now is whether or not Shelly has the authority to close the $2 billion sale of the team to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer as part of her post-revocation responsibilities.Ballmer’s attorney Adam Streisand said he and Shelly’s attorneys could have argued that Donald’s revocation itself was invalid but didn’t because they were already confident on the post-revocation point and wanted to streamline the case.Schield testified that the Sterlings’ real estate properties were cumulatively worth $2.5 billion, but selling enough at once to pay off the loans would be difficult and likely would result in a below-market price. He also said he warned Donald and his attorney Bobby Samini that revoking the trust would “open up Pandora’s box, and there would be severe consequences” due to the outstanding loans, but received no response.During cross-examination of Schield, Donald Sterling’s attorney Maxwell Blecher suggested that alternatives included private loans or taking the company public.On redirect, O’Donnell asked if Donald’s current reputation could affect the implications of taking the company public. What was scheduled to be the longest day in the Sterling probate trial turned out to be the shortest.Donald Sterling’s attorneys submitted an updated 10-person witness list last week, setting up Monday’s court date to be filled with testimony. Instead, they didn’t call a single person to the stand.On the fifth day of a court battle that could determine ownership of the Los Angeles Clippers, the only witness to testify was Darren Schield, the longtime CFO and controller of Beverly Hills Properties — a role that essentially puts him in charge of the day-to-day financial operations of the Sterlings’ nearly 10,000 apartment units.Called by Shelly Sterling’s attorneys, Schield testified that the Sterlings’ held roughly $480 million in combined debt with Union Bank, Bank of America and Citi National Bank. Shelly Sterling’s attorney Pierce O’Donnell framed that debt as a burden on the Sterling Family Trust, making it necessary for Shelly to sell the Clippers and pay back the loans as part of the “winding down” of the trust. “I don’t know if anyone would want to go into partnership with us right now,” Schield said.Schield’s testimony ended in less than 45 minutes. The trial will pick up again 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, with Clippers interim CEO Dick Parsons to take the stand. Bank of America’s Anwar Zakkour, who helped negotiate the sale of the team, is scheduled to testify as well.Donald’s attorneys plan to call Shelly Sterling to the standTuesday, with her testimony going into Wednesday if necessary.
MASON CITY — It’s 30 years in a federal prison for a California man who pleaded guilty to sexual exploiting a Mason City teen.David Vogelpohl22-year-old David Vogelpohl of Vista California was sentenced Tuesday after pleading guilty to one count of sexual exploitation. Vogelpohl admits that in 2018, he persuaded, induced or enticed a female under the age of 18 to engage in sexually-explicit conduct for the purpose of producing visual depictions. Vogelpohl had originally been charged in Cerro Gordo County District Court last October for harboring a runaway against the wishes of a parent after a 15-year-old girl ran away from home. He was arrested on November 10th in Lincoln Nebraska. County-level charges were later dropped in favor of the federal charges. US District Judge CJ Williams on Tuesday sentenced Vogelpohl to 360 months in prison to be followed by a five-year term of supervised release. He must also comply with all sex offender registration and public notification requirements.