Guimaras bans Chinese entry

first_img“When they travel here they must have papers to show that they have norecent travel to China,” he added.      Photo by PNA Gov. Samuel Gumarin, through an Executive Order No. 15 on Friday, ordered the five town mayors of the province to enforce an identical ban for visitors who could not present a clearance from the Department of Health-Bureau of Quarantine (DOH-BOQ).  Gumarin is also waiting for further directive from the DOH on theprotocols of preventing the virus from entering the province.(With a report from PNA/PN) “While the BOQ remains on high alert and is in constant coordination with authorities from all ports of entry for stricter border surveillance, the province of Guimaras likewise needs to have full vigilance and security in all its entry points,” Gumarin said. “There is a need for immediate action at the local level, particularlyto protect the inhabitants and the agri-tourism industry of the province,” Gumarinsaid.     center_img BUENAVISTA, Guimaras – The provincial government here has imposed atemporary ban of guests – particularly from the affected regions in China – as aprecautionary measure against the 2019 novel coronavirus.   Meanwhile, Gumarin said one of the proposals during a separate meetingcalled by the DOH-BOQ in Western Visayas on Friday was for Filipino-Chineseliving in Iloilo to present a clearance that they have no recent travels toplaces where there are confirmed cases of the nCoV.  He added although they have no major ports, Guimaras as a smallprovince should take proper actions.   According to the provincial tourism office, Guimaras recorded 582Chinese tourists last year.last_img read more

Zarate eager to prove himself

first_img Press Association Mauro Zarate has pledged to “show what I can do” to West Ham boss Sam Allardyce after completing his loan move to QPR. West Ham boss Allardyce defended his decision to allow Zarate to leave on loan, saying the striker “wasn’t good enough”, but the former Lazio man hit back on completing terms with QPR. “I am happy. I need this, I need to play and Queens Park Rangers have given me this chance to show what I can do,” said Zarate. “The Premier League is the best in the world at this moment. “Does my style suit the Premier League? Maybe. We will see! “When I met the manager he told me he wanted to sign me for Portsmouth before, but in that moment I went to Lazio. But now I am here and will play for him. “I will try to do different things with the ball, some skills to make the difference for the team, for me and for the other players. I am fit and I hope I can be involved on Saturday.” Allardyce had explained that Zarate’s limited appearances at West Ham came down solely to ability. “He wasn’t good enough,” said Allardyce. The 27-year-old West Ham forward has signed for Rangers until the end of the season, and goes straight into contention for Saturday’s Premier League trip to Burnley. Zarate had fallen down West Ham’s pecking order behind Diafra Sakho, Enner Valencia and Andy Carroll, despite a bright start in east London after joining from Velez Sarsfield last summer. “When you look at what Mauro has achieved when he’s played compared to what Valencia, Sakho and Carroll have achieved all-round, when you look at (the) game, how much he’s contributed, how much he’s given in the all-round game and what they’ve given and you’ve got that array of talent to choose from, then somebody’s going to be unhappy.” Rangers boss Harry Redknapp is expected to continue to seek another loan recruit to his frontline in the January window, despite signing Zarate, who scored two goals in eight appearances for West Ham. Redknapp will hope Zarate can boost QPR’s goal threat alongside prolific striker Charlie Austin in the Loftus Road club’s Premier League survival fight. “We’re really pleased to bring Mauro in. He’s a good footballer, someone with great ability who can play as a number 10,” said Redknapp. “I first saw him when he was on loan at Birmingham quite a few years back and I actually tried to take him to Portsmouth back then. “He’s a more-than capable player, he’s already shown that, and hopefully he can come in here and do well for us.” Redknapp looks to have missed out on signing Jermain Defoe once again, with Rangers restricted to loan recruits this month. Toronto FC striker Defoe remains a target for a host of Premier League clubs, with the 32-year-old keen on a return to England. The Canadian club are holding out for a full transfer to let Defoe leave however, ruling QPR out of the running. last_img read more

Blake Griffin season-high 32 leads Clippers on Knicks fight night

first_imgDeAndre Jordan had 28 points and 15 rebounds for the Clippers, who rallied from a 10-point deficit in the fourth quarter to end a three-game losing streak.Carmelo Anthony had 28 points and Kristaps Porzingis 27 on a night there was plenty of fight from the Knicks. Anthony played well the day after Phil Jackson took another dig at him on Twitter by referencing an article that was critical of the forward. Coach Jeff Hornacek acknowledged it may have been a distraction, but one he expected the Knicks to play through, and they had a chance to tie before Anthony missed a 3-pointer down 118-115.Griffin then put it away with a free throw with 5.9 seconds left.“They kept their composure. They played well, they executed and we just couldn’t score,” Porzingis said. “That’s how it goes sometimes.” NEW YORK >> The Clippers saw plenty of fight at Madison Square Garden — especially from a former Knick.Blake Griffin scored a season-high 32 points and the Clippers beat New York 119-115 on Wednesday night after ex-Knick Charles Oakley was ejected and arrested in the first quarter.Griffin was one of the players close to Oakley when he shouted at MSG chairman James Dolan and shoved away security guards before he was forcefully removed by arena security.“I stopped and then there was an inbounds play on the side,” Griffin said. “I turned around just in time as he was handing it to him and then there was a foul. I walked back to catch the third, fourth and fifth rounds. It was crazy, man.” Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorcenter_img The Knicks lost their third in a row on a bizarre day even for one of the NBA’s most dysfunctional franchises.“At the end of the day, regardless of what’s being said, what’s going on, you still got to come in here and play basketball,” Anthony said. “And I think that’s the most important part, the most important thing that we should be focusing on.” The Jackson-Anthony feud dominated the pregame talk but quickly took a back seat to the main event between Oakley and Dolan. Oakley was a popular Knick during the 1990s but has fallen out of favor with the franchise because of his criticisms of Dolan.He shouted at Dolan from a seat a couple of rows behind until security came. Oakley shoved a couple of them before he was removed while players on both teams watched as Porzingis was preparing to shoot free throws. Fans chanted “Oakley! Oakley!” as he was led to the tunnel, handcuffed and eventually taken by the New York Police Department.“It kind of happened fast. It was a crazy little situation,” Jordan said. “But then they kind of took my boy out of there. It was kind of crazy.”It was the Clippers’ ninth consecutive victory against the Knicks, their longest winning streak against an opponent. It was coach Doc Rivers’ 785th win, passing Gene Shue for 15th place on the NBA career coaching list. Rivers and assistant Mike Woodson both played for the Knicks. Woodson coached New york to playoff appearances in 2012 and 2013.The Clippers will play at Charlotte on Saturday to end the eastern portion of their five-game trip.last_img read more