To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Share Tweet Share Share 16 Views no discussions Sharing is caring! Opposition Leader Hon. Hector John. Photo credit: uwpdm.comFive members of the United Workers Party (UWP) have pleaded not guilty to demonstrating outside the House of Assembly last year, without permission of the Police Commissioner.The party’s Deputy Leader Claudius Sanford, Opposition Leader Hector John, U.W.P President Edison James, Norris Charles and Ezekiel Bazil appeared in court Thursday morning, before magistrate Evelina Baptiste.When they assembled outside Parliament building on November 29 2010, the UWP contended Alix Boyd-Knights, Speaker of the House of Assembly, was “blocking” its questions from being heard in parliament.In February, then Deputy police chief Cyril Carrette disclosed police had charged UWP members for violating the Public Order Act.The UWP members, who came before the court Thursday, pleaded not guilty to abetting demonstration and procession without permission from the Police Commissioner and to organizing demonstration without permission from the Police Commissioner. They are to reappear in court on November 11 2011 for trial.Dominica Vibes News LocalNews UWP pleads not guilty to demonstrating without permission by: – June 3, 2011
Starting next week, four batches ofstudents from the province’s third district will attend the Robotics for Kidstraining. The NOLITC, through the roboticstraining center, will provide a space for innovators and leaders to converttheir curiosity into creativity and make tinkering possible to generateproducts from ideas. According to NOLITC head Ma. CristinaOrbecido, the provincial government allocated P1.5 million to purchase the equipmentfor the robotics hub that include 15 robots and 13 laptop units. The move established the province as thehost of the first robotics training center in Western Visayas, and the firstlocal government in the country to support a learning center for robotics. “We will train teachers and students.Our aim is to be able to send Negrense students to national and internationalrobotics competitions,” she said. Negros Occidental Gov. Jose Eugenio Lacson (center) with other officials during the launch of the Robotics and Intelligence Machines Program in Bacolod City on Tuesday (Nov. 19, 2019). The program aims to hone the fundamental skills of young Negrenses in the emerging fields of automation, instrumentation and robotics industry. PNA He added the NOLITC training andworkshops will augment the learning of students and make teachers as“champions” of robotics. Through the Negrense Robotics andIntelligence Machines Program, the fundamental skills of young Negrensetrainees will be honed in the emerging fields of automation, instrumentationand robotics industry. “I consider today as a good day for NegrosOccidental for we start advancing ways to empower and enable our people throughNegrense Robotics,” Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson said. BACOLOD City – The government-run Negros Occidental Language andInformation Technology Center (NOLITC) has launched the Negrense Robotics andIntelligence Machines Program as part of its innovative course offerings forNegrenses. “I have yet to find someone from Region6, or from Negros (who was) with me in an international contest. That’s why wewent down to Visayas and Mindanao because the medalists are all in Luzon. Nonefrom Region 6. I would like to see that happen,” Matulac said. The NOLITC has partnered with PinoyRobot Games headed by founder Melvin Matulac for the conduct of training forteachers and students. In 2020, the Negrense Robotics Workshopswill be launched to include On-site Robotic Training and TeachersTraining. (With a report from PNA/PN)
RelatedPosts Ighalo: My best moment as ‘Red Devil’ Leeds record first Premier League win in seven-goal thriller Ings not interested in leaving Saints, Southampton manager says Midfielder Josh Onomah has extended his contract with Fulham until the summer of 2023, the club have confirmed.The Club also has an option to extend the deal by a further year. After signing, Onomah said: “I’m delighted. It’s always been my dream to play in the Prem properly, and I feel like I have the chance to do that here at Fulham.“Thankfully I’ve been offered a new contract which is amazing, especially after the season we had. It shows the faith and trust that the Club has in me, and that’s what you need as a player.“From the first minute I walked in I felt the love from the players, staff, fans, everyone involved with Fulham Football Club. I’m just going to keep going, this is just the start.”Tags: FulhamJosh OnomahPremier League
highlights Australia holds a 6-2 advantage against England in World Cups.Australia has not lost to England in World Cups since 1992.Australia lost to South Africa for the first time since 1992 in World Cups. New Delhi: Australia’s injury woes have mounted in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 during their final league game against South Africa in Old Trafford. Marcus Stoinis, who had missed some matches in the tournament due to injury, suffered a recurrence of an injury. Australia also suffered a jolt when Usman Khawaja suffered a hamstring injury while trying to take a single in Australia’s chase of 326. Although the left-hander returned, Khawaja was in considerable discomfort and the five-time world champions ended up losing to the Proteas by 10 runs. Looking at the injury situation, Australia has called up Matthew Wade and Mitchell Marsh in the squad.”Australia A arrived at Arundel for today’s (Sunday’s) four-day clash with Sussex short two players after wicketkeeper-batter Matthew Wade and all-rounder Mitch Marsh were called up as a cover to Australia’s World Cup squad. The injury setbacks to Usman Khawaja (hamstring) and Marcus Stoinis (side) suffered in Australia’s dramatic loss to South Africa in Manchester has seen the selectors draft in Wade and Marsh. They left Brighton this morning for Birmingham, the destination of Australia’s blockbuster semi-final show with tournament hosts England on Thursday. Both Khawaja and Stoinis are set to undergo scans today before their future in the World Cup is determined, with both players still officially a part of Australia’s 15-man Cup squad at this stage. However, it appears Khawaja’s hamstring injury looks likely to rule the left-hander out for the rest of Australia’s campaign,” a Cricket Australia statement read.Marsh links up with the group for a second time as cover for Stoinis, who missed Australia’s wins over Pakistan and Sri Lanka before returning against Bangladesh. Both Khawaja and Stoinis will undergo scans on their injuries but, in the meantime, Wade and Marsh will leave Australia A group currently in Sussex, southern England. Australia captain Aaron Finch admitted Khawaja was unlikely to recover in time for the rest of the tournament when he spoke after the South Africa defeat — a result that cost his side first place in the 10-team group stage.Australia will take on England in the second semi-final at Edgbaston on July 11. In the league stages, Australia had beaten England by 64 runs in Lord’s thanks to a century from Aaron Finch and a brilliant five-wicket haul from Jason Behrendroff. After the World Cup, Australia will play five Tests against England as part of the Ashes contests which will be part of the new ICC Test championship. For all the Latest Sports News News, ICC World Cup News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
WITH Test audiences declining around the world, reducing the length of matches has been discussed at a high level among governing bodies, and Andrew Strauss, the England Director of Cricket believes the idea has merit.Colin Graves, the ECB chairman, floated the possibility of four-day Tests soon after taking office in 2015. Strauss’ comments come as Twenty20 cricket grows in influence, with the ECB expected to launch an eight-team, city-based competition featuring new teams in 2020.Asked about Test cricket’s future, Strauss , the former England Test opener said: “I genuinely believe that every game of international cricket you play should have some sort of meaning.“A World Test Championship and a World One-Day League would be really important opportunities.“We are not quite there yet but we are making some progress, and I wouldn’t rule out the idea of four-day Test cricket, either.“If we can get the playing conditions right, in the right circumstances, it might be a good thing in certain parts of the world. I am not necessarily saying it would happen in this country, but we can’t ‘love Test cricket to death’.“We have to think about how that format remains relevant in an era when the white ball, and certainly Twenty20 is taking over.”England’s director of cricket added on Sky Sports: “The game can work over three forms but you have to limit volume of each. Teams want to play as much cricket as they can, so we need a programme that is compelling.”
DRAGSTERS desirous of signing up for the Caribbean Invasion drag race meet, set for October 1 at the South Dakota Circuit can begin registering from today.Officials of the Guyana Motor Racing and Sports Club(GMR&SC) have indicated that this is to facilitate the entry of competitors into the timing system.“GMR&SC has officially opened the registration process for vehicles desirous of being involved in the Caribbean Invasion drag race meet,” the official said.“Persons or teams can pick up their entry forms and other documents at the club’s Thomas Lands office during normal working hours.”Meanwhile local competitors are reminded of a mandatory meeting on September 25 at the Club to outline rules and regulations for the event.Organisers are likely to underscore the importance of proper safety gear and a ban on slippers/flip-flops for racers on the day.
While the dates of Birmingham 2022 will remain the same – 27 July to 7 August – the start of the event is now set to overlap with the finale of football’s Women’s European Championship.Governing body Uefa has said it it is likely to delay the tournament,to be held in England, by a year because of the postponement of Euro 2020 in men’s football.BBC Sport understands the women’s Euros will now conclude at the end of July 2022, meaning a potential direct clash with the start of the Commonwealth Games.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Organisers of the 2022 World Athletics Championships in the United States have agreed to stage the event three weeks earlier than planned to avoid a clash with the Birmingham Commonwealth Games.The championships, in Eugene, Oregon, had already been pushed back a year after the postponement of this summer’s Tokyo 2020 Olympics to 2021 because of the coronavirus pandemic.After a week of negotiations, a compromise has been reached, with athletics’ governing body shifting the event to 15-24 July 2022.
Published on March 15, 2016 at 7:39 pm Contact Matt: firstname.lastname@example.org Five total home runs for Syracuse, including two from Corinne Ozanne and 24 strikeouts from the pitching staff led the Orange (11-11, 1-2 Atlantic Coast) to two victories over Savannah State (10-15) Tuesday afternoon in Savannah, Georgia.SU took the first game, 8-2, and the second, 7-0, climbing back to .500 on the season.Senior Jocelyn Cater threw a complete game for the Orange in game one, surrendering two runs on four hits, while walking none and falling one strikeout shy of her career high. Her 15 strikeouts are the most by a Syracuse pitcher in a single game this season.Savannah State pitcher Amanda Hallman gave up all eight runs on nine hits, and Ozanne, freshman Hannah Dossett and junior Alyssa Dewes each went yard for Syracuse.Leading 5-1, Ozanne nailed a 2-1 pitch to deep center field, notching three RBIs and putting the Orange up 8-1. Savannah State countered with one run in the seventh, but it wasn’t enough for the Tigers in their six-run loss.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThe second game was again dominated by the Orange, who knocked in seven runs on seven hits in the nightcap.Junior Sydney O’Hara notched an RBI triple in the third inning, the first triple of her career, and freshman Andrea Bombace hit a pinch-hit solo home run in the sixth. It was her fourth homer on the season, which is second on the team to Ozanne’s six.Ozanne stayed hot in the second game, posting four RBIs on a double and a home run. Her six home runs, 21 hits and 19 RBIs all lead SU through 22 games.Sophomore AnnaMarie Gatti got the start for Syracuse in the circle, giving up no runs on five hits, while striking out three and walking two in five innings of work. She was followed in relief by O’Hara, who struck out all six batters she faced in the final two innings.The Orange will continue its road trip on Wednesday in Charleston, South Carolina, against Charleston Southern and pick up ACC play this weekend against Florida State. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+
UPDATED: Sept. 2, 2017 at 1:30 p.m. ESTSyracuse (3-3) defeated Kansas State (2-3) in four sets on Friday night in the Kansas State tournament in Manhattan, Kansas. After falling in the first set, 17-25, the Orange swept the next three, 25-18, 25-22, 25-18, to earn its third win of the season.A balanced attack led by Santita Ebangwese (14 kills), Ella Saada (11 kills), Kendra Lukacs (six kills) and Amber Witherspoon (six kills) powered Syracuse on the offensive front. Five players tallied assists, including Jalissa Trotter (24) and Annie Bozzo (13).The two teams, each coming off losses earlier in the day, started the game trading points, until the score was even at 14. From then on, Kansas State took over. Three attack errors by Syracuse and three kills by junior outside hitter Alyssa Schultejans helped the tournament hosts take nine of the next ten points. The Wildcats bested the Orange in hitting percentage, .243 to .059, and took the first set, 25-17.After conceding the first point of the second set, SU did not trail again en route to a 25-18 victory. The Orange went up 5-2 and from then on the Wildcats failed to cut the lead closer than three points. The Orange posted 16 kills, along with a hitting percentage of .333, while Kansas State tallied just eight kills with a hitting percentage of .069. Balanced attack was the theme of the set, with five different Syracuse players recording a kill before the team reached 10 points.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThe Orange carried its strong play from the second set into the third, jumping out to a 6-1 advantage. The Wildcats battled back to gain a 13-11 lead, but a 9-2 run by Syracuse propelled by two aces and five Kansas State errors helped the SU regain a five point lead. Despite a hitting percentage of .062, Syracuse used 25 digs and three aces to win the third set, 25-22.In the fourth set, the teams traded points until the score was knotted at eight. Syracuse used several different weapons on offense to create separation with kills coming from Ebangwese, Lukacs, Witherspoon, and Mariia Levanova in the second half of the set. While Kansas State recorded more kills (13 to 12), Syracuse made just three errors compared to the Wildcats’ 11. The Orange finished the fourth set on a 17-10 run, winning 25-18.The story has been updated for appropriate style. Comments Published on September 1, 2017 at 11:51 pm Contact David: email@example.com Facebook Twitter Google+