Royal Blood Announces U.S. Tour & New Album, Shares First Single

first_imgBritish rock band Royal Blood have announced a new album How Did We Get So Dark? due out June 16, 2017, via Warner Bros. Records. In support of this, the duo have shared the album’s lead single “Lights Out” with an accompanied music video. They’ve also announced a slew of United States tour dates, kicking off June 2 at the Paradise Rock Club in Boston, MA and will extend through August 16 at The Wiltern in Los Angeles, with festival appearances at The Governors Ball in New York City, Glastonbury, Eden Sessions, and Japan’s Summer Sonic Festival.Watch “Lights Out” below:Tickets for all dates will be available for purchase starting at 9:00 AM local time on Friday, April 28th. See the full schedule below:Royal Blood U.S. Live Dates2ndJune – Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA2ndJune – 4thJune – Governor’s Ball, New York, NY6thJune – 9:30 Club, Washington, DC7thJune – Union Transfer, Philadelphia, PA9thJune – St. Andrews Hall, Detroit, MI10thJune – Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH11thJune – Bonnaroo Music Festival, Manchester, TN31stJuly – Upstate Concert Hall, Buffalo, NY3rdAug – Bogart’s, Cincinnati, OH5thAug – Lollapalooza, Chicago, IL8thAug – Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver, BC9thAug – Showbox, Seattle, WA10thAug – Roseland Theater, Portland, OR12thAug – Outside Lands, San Francisco, CA13thAug – The Observatory, Santa Ana, CA15thAug – The Observatory North Park, San Diego, CA16thAug – The Wiltern, Los Angeles, CAlast_img read more

Fifa Vice-President Jack Warner Resigns

first_img Share NewsSports Fifa Vice-President Jack Warner Resigns by: – June 20, 2011 Sharing is caring! Share Warner (left) with ex-England captain David Beckham (right)Jack Warner, the controversial Fifa vice-president recently investigated for corruption, has stepped down from his position at the footballing governing body.The 68-year-old, from Trinidad and Tobago, had been a member of the Fifa Executive Committee since 1983, and was suspended last month after he was accused of corruption.Fifa accepted Mr Warner’s resignation – and the Ethics Committee investigation into bribery allegations against him have now been dropped.Mr Warner, who has also quit as head of regional bodies CONCACAF and Caribbean Football Union (CFC) and had been the longest-serving member of FIFA’s executive committee, was suspended along with Asian football chief Mohamed bin Hammam.There were suspicions that the pair had been involved in bribery during the presidential election, which Sepp Blatter, unopposed, won.Fifa said in a statement that Warner’s “resignation has been accepted”.“As a consequence of Mr Warner’s self-determined resignation, all Ethics Committee procedures against him have been closed and the presumption of innocence is maintained,” the statement from Fifa read. The statement also said: “FIFA regrets the turn of events that have led to Mr Warner’s decision. “His resignation has been accepted by world football’s governing body, and his contribution to international football and to Caribbean football in particularand the CONCACAF confederation are appreciated and acknowledged.“Mr Warner is leaving FIFA by his own volition after nearly 30 years of service, having chosen to focus on his important work on behalf of the people and government of Trinidad and Tobago as a Cabinet Minister and as the Chairman of the United National Congress, the major party in his country’s coalition government.“The FIFA executive committee, the FIFA president and the FIFA management thank Mr Warner for his services to Caribbean, CONCACAF and international football over his many years devoted to football at both regional and international level, and wish him well for the future.” Mr Warner and Mr bin Hammam were suspended after being accused of giving or offering bribes of $40,000 to the 25 members of the CFU.The total sum involved was $1million according to a report to the Fifa ethics committee. The affidavits sent to the Ethics Committee, as seen by agency Press Association, testify that Warner told the CFU members at the special meeting in Trinidad on May 10 and 11 the cash had been provided by Mr bin Hammam, who was then running for Fifa president.Bahamas FA vice-president Fred Lunn said he had been given the cash in a brown envelope which he photographed before returning.Mr Lunn said in his affidavit that the following day “Mr Warner stated that he had instructed Mr bin Hammam to bring the cash equivalent of any gift he had intended to bring for the people attending this meeting. “Mr Warner then stated that the money could be used for any purpose … for grassroots programs or any purpose the individuals saw fit.” A number of other associations have told investigators that they too were given the cash – some of whom kept it, and others who handed it back.A source close to Mr Warner said he had taken the decision “for the good of the game” but refused to comment when asked if he had jumped before he was pushed. The source told the PA: “He has taken the decision after speaking to his family. He believes it is in the best interests of Caribbean football and for the good of the game generally.”Sky Newscenter_img Tweet Share 27 Views   no discussionslast_img read more

Sports Ministry’s Assets Seized over N10m Debt

first_imgOlawale Ajimotokan in AbujaThe Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports suffered an ignominious seizure of its assets wednesday when three companies bundled away some of the properties belonging to it over a debt valued at just N9.9 million.For failing to pay up the debt, the companies shocked officials, when they impounded three buses, a Hilux truck and two Mikano generators from its premises. The companies were, Zeminex Nig. Ltd, Micnovos Nig. Ltd and B.N. Donagel Ltd.They were executing an order granted them in 2010 by an FCT High Court, in respect of the debt owed them by the ministry.Though the debt was not in contention, the seized assets were comparatively above the liability.Nwude I. Emmanuel, the principal partner of Ifeanyi Nwude & Associates law firm, led the companies and court bailiff in enforcing the court order yesterday afternoon.“We are obeying the judgment of the court following the failure of the Ministry of Sports to pay the debt owed our clients since 2010. The total liability is N9.9 million, but the matter can be resolved if the ministry begins to make payment of the debt, even on instalment basis,” Nwude clarify.THISDAY learnt that the case was heard on May 12, 2016 and judgment given on March 6, 2017.Although sources in the ministry claimed that the matter was referred to the Sports Minister, Solomon Dalung, no efforts were made to respect the court order before the bailiffs stormed the ministry t5o cart away the assets wednesday.No official of the ministry was willing to make any official statement on the matter when THISDAY sought the reaction of some directors.“What do you want me to tell you? You witnessed what happened here now. Go to the minister’s office to find out why the debts were not paid despite the court judgment before this embarrassment,” retorted an angry official of the ministry to our reporter wednesday.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

Large numbers of young players leaving GAA

first_imgThat’s the call from West Tipperary Games Development Officer Kevin Halley following an analysis of the problem by secondary school students.Pupils from the Abbey CBS in Tipperary Town found that the numbers of teenagers that stop playing Gaelic games is greater than in other sportslast_img