For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: Former BCCI president Anurag Thakur has said “India should not pay any money to the PCB” ahead of the International Cricket Committee’s (ICC) hearing on the Pakistan’s Cricket Board’s (PCB) claim of Rs 447 crore against India for twice refusing to play a bilateral series. “For number of years, nations didn’t visit Pakistan to play matches. I think no official from India should attend the ICC hearing. India shouldn’t pay money to Pakistan Cricket Board,” Thakur told news agency ANI. Earlier this month, the BCCI said it had hired a Dubai-based law firm and a British lawyer for the October’s ICC three-day hearing.Pakistan has claimed damages of approx Rs 447 crore for India not playing any bilateral cricket with them despite a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), which guarantees six bilateral series between 2015 and 2023. The BCCI has asserted that the MoU is not binding on them and the PCB failed to honour some of the commitments made in the document.The ICC hearing in the matter is scheduled from October 1 to 3.Also Read | Pakistani helicopter violates Indian airspace in J&K’s Poonch sector, armed forces open fire“The BCCI has hired Dubai-based law firm Herbert Smith Freehills along with British Lawyer QC Ian Mills to represent us at the Dispute Resolution Committee hearing. Since the case is happening in Dubai, we needed a Dubai-based law firm. Also, the ICC follows British law so, QC Ian Mills is on board. We will fight this case till finish,” a senior BCCI official had earlier told news agency PTI.Speaking on the issue, former IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla said that both the cricketing boards should solve the matter among themselves rather than involving ICC in it.”Wherever international matches are organised by the ICC or the Asian Cricket Council, we always play with Pakistan, this time we played at a neutral venue. There is no question of paying money to Pakistan Cricket Board.” Also Read | Kajol reveals Ajay hasn’t watched DDLJ yet; Here’s what Ajay has to sayHe added: “As far as the BCCI versus the Pakistan Cricket Board dispute is concerned, my own view is that both the Boards should resolve it amicably instead of lingering it in the ICC. The BCCI always wanted to play with Pakistan but there are certain issues, we need government’s nod to go to Pakistan to play matches,” Shukla said.(With inputs from PTI)
Williams, a 23-time Grand Slam champion, responded to McEnroe, asking him to “respect me and my privacy”.McEnroe, 58, said: “I’ve got a solution. Men and women play together.”“Then we don’t have to guess,” added the American. “I’m sure the men would be all for it.”Dmitry Tursunov – the male player ranked 701 in the world – also said on Tuesday he believes he could beat American Williams, who is due to give birth in autumn.“I would hope that I would win against Serena,” he told BBC World Service Sport.The 34-year-old Russian, once ranked as high as 20th in the world, said he did not think McEnroe was “trying to talk women’s tennis down” but said “the reality” was that “men are stronger in general”.“Physically I might not be in the best shape of my life but as an overall package I’m much better than my ranking would suggest. She is pregnant, and I’m not.Williams, 35, who is the most successful female player of the Open era, confirmed her pregnancy in April, just 12 weeks after winning her record 23rd Grand Slam singles title.“Dear John, I adore and respect you but please please keep me out of your statements that are not factually based,” said Williams on Twitter.“I’ve never played anyone ranked “there” nor do I have time. Respect me and my privacy as I’m trying to have a baby. Good day sir.”The world number two expects to be back on court as early as January 2018.Tennis matches between men and women have occurred before, mostly notably back in 1973 when Billie Jean King took on fellow American Bobby Riggs.Riggs, the world number one in the 1940s, retired in 1951 and at the age of 55 believed he could beat any of the top female players.King originally declined to play Riggs and Australian Margaret Court – at the time the top female player in the world – stepped in. Riggs won 6-2 6-1.But later that year, the top-ranked women’s player King – 26 years younger than Riggs at 29 – took him on in an exhibition match at the Houston Astrodome and won 6-4 6-3 6-3.A third ‘battle of the sexes’ match took place in 1992 between American former world number one Jimmy Connors, aged 40 at the time, and Czech/American Martina Navratilova, who was 35.The match took place under special rules to make it more competitive – Connors was allowed only one serve per point, and Navratilova was allowed to hit into half the doubles court. Connors won 7-5 6-2.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram BATTLE OF SEXESJohn McEnroe has proposed a men v women contest to prove his claim that Serena Williams would be ranked “700 in the world” on the men’s circuit.The seven-time Grand Slam champion said Williams was “the best female player ever” but against men it would be an “entirely different story”.